Monday, February 23, 2009

The beginning

The purpose of this blog is to start a dialog on a most valuable working ranch hand, the working stock dog. Be it sheep, cattle, chickens (?) or competition. This blog will definately not be breed specific and will probably talk abut guradian dogs as well.

One of my main concerns is the training of the stock dog. I will spend a lot of time on this and will revisit each topic frequently. I suspect that some of my thoughts will be controversial, and hopefully will generate some discussions.

Although I am retired, I continue to be involved in ranching (on a contract basis), stock dog training and also I put on stock dog demonstrations at fall fairs and special occations. I have just purchased a new bitch pup and will be sharing with you all the fun stuff of bring her up and training her to be a useful working stock dog. I will introduce you to her and why I made the choice for her breed in a later post.

That is it for now .... stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment